Back to previous page
- Principal invertor of foot; also adducts foot, plantar flexes ankle and helps to supinate the foot.
- Posterior aspect of interosseous membrane,
- superior 2/3 of medial posterior surface of fibula,
- superior aspect of posterior surface of tibia
- and from intermuscular septum between muscles of posterior compartment and deep transverse septum
- Splits into two slips after passing inferior to plantar calcaneonavicular ligament.
- superficial slip inserts on the tuberosity of the navicular bone and sometimes medial cuneiform
- deeper slip divides again into slips inserting on plantar sufraces of metatarsals 2 − 4 and second cuneiform
Arterial Supply :
- Muscular branches of sural, peroneal and posterior tibial arteries.
Website powered by Vantage CMS