Back to previous page
- Extends the thigh and flexes the knee and also rotates the tibia medially, especially when the knee is flexed.
- From common tendon with long head of biceps femoris, from superior medial quadrant of the posterior portion of the ischial tuberosity.
- Superior aspect of medial portion of tibial shaft.
Arterial Supply :
- Perforating branches of profunda femoris artery,
- Inferior gluteal artery
- and the superior muscular branches of popliteal artery
Website powered by Vantage CMS