Back to previous page
- Everts foot and plantar flexes ankle.
- Also helps to support the transverse arch of the foot.
- Head of fibula.
- Upper 1/2 − 2/3 of lateral fibular shaft surface.
- Also anterior and posterior intermuscular septa of leg.
- Plantar posterolateral aspect of medial cuneiform and lateral side of 1st metatarsal base.
- Superficial peroneal nerve (L5, S1, S2).
- May also receive additional innervation from common or deep peroneal nerves.
Arterial Supply :
- Anterior tibial and peroneal arteries.
Website powered by Vantage CMS