Back to previous page
- Powerful plantar flexor of ankle.
- Medial head from posterior nonarticular surface of medial femoral condyle.
- Lateral head from lateral surface of femoral lateral condyle.
- The two heads unite into a broad aponeurosis which eventually unites
- with the deep tendon of the soleus to form the Achilles tendon,
- inserting on the middle 1/3 of the posterior calcaneal surface
Arterial Supply :
- Each head supplied by a sural branch of the popliteal artery
Website powered by Vantage CMS