Back to previous page
- Flexes the knee and also rotates the tibia laterally; long head also extends the hip joint.
- Long head from common tendon with semitendinosus from superior medial quadrant of the posterior portion of the ischial tuberosity.
- Short head from lateral lip of linea aspera, lateral supracondylar ridge of femur and lateral intermuscular septum of thigh.
- Primarily on fibular head; also on lateral collateral ligament and lateral tibial condyle.
- Long head by tibial nerve.
- Short head by common peroneal nerve.
Arterial Supply :
- Perforating branches of profunda femoris artery,
- inferior gluteal artery
- and the superior muscular branches of popliteal artery.
Website powered by Vantage CMS