Back to previous page
- Powerful thigh adductor; superior horizontal fibers also help flex the thigh, while vertical fibers help extend the thigh.
- Inferior pubic ramus, ischial ramus and inferolateral area of ischial tuberosity.
- Gluteal tuberosity of femur, medial lip of linea aspera, medial supracondylar ridge and adductor tubercle.
- Posterior division of obturator nerve innervates most of the adductor magnus.
- Vertical or hamstring portion innervated by tibial nerve.
Arterial Supply :
- Medial circumflex femoral artery,
- Inferior gluteal artery,
- 1st − 4th perforating arteries,
- Obturator artery,
- and some superior muscular branches of popliteal artery.
Website powered by Vantage CMS